29.10.11

Better late than nevers

So, I realize it is no longer August- but that is when I wrote this and figured it wouldn't hurt to go up a little later with some pics :)

PCV whoo hoo

August 12th, 2011
I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer and no longer a Trainee! I even have a picture with the US Ambassador of Sierra Leone to prove it, along with a little pin. Good bye Makeni, hello Futa Pejeh! (6am departure time tomorrow)

The US Ambassador and I

 
Tammie and I before ‘swearing-in’ as Peace Corps Volunteers


Everyone in the Pejehun district... pretty much my neighbors. Jesse is the closest (7-12 miles), then
Amy.


The entire group of PCV’s and our teachers during training.



Tammie and I with our language teachers. ‘Uncle’ Ben is the one with the sweet shades and all white get-up, he is mine. Ibrihim is Tammie’s.


My new family and I after the ceremony. They attended as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment