31.7.11

Shopping

July 29th, 2011
House Shopping!

Since we are no longer going to Freetown this weekend, we are expected to start the furnishing process for our new houses. Some volunteers lucked out and their houses were from previous volunteers or the community had already furnished it for them. Tammie, Kenley and I had no such luck, so we set out for the market yesterday, today (when it stops raining), and maybe even some shopping tomorrow as well. Yesterday we were pretty successful. It is something you don’t really want to do, but know you have to so it is better just to get it done quick. Plus all the bargaining you have to do with the vendors gets old, especially if they are mean. Here is my shopping list:
  • Candles
  • Coal Pot
  • Wash Board
  • Cooking Pots
  • Shower Bucket
  • Thermos
  • Curtains
  • Big utensils to cook with 
  • Tupperware pots
  • Cups/mugs for coffee/tea
  • Glass plate
  • Tubs with locking lids
  • Brooking tubs
  • Nails and cord
  • Broom and dust pan
  • Scrub brush
  • Colander
  • Mat/rug
  • Plastic Chairs
  • Chinese lights
  • Rags/sponge
  • Shower basket
  • Giant plastic plate
Some of my purchases (packed some away)
It’s great cause in my village, there isn’t any of this stuff. Plus, if I stock up now, Peace Corps is dropping us right off at site, so I do not have to worry about my stuff getting broken/stolen and I do not 

No comments:

Post a Comment